A pdf of the above flyer is can be found here.
Do you live close to a bus lot? Do you have trucks that run their engines and speed in your neighborhood? Are you worried about your kids playing close to a busy intersection or train tracks? Do your kids and neighbors have asthma? Upset about all the potholes in your neighborhood?
Folks who sign up will:
- Meet others from across the city who are struggling with similar problems
- Identify the impacts of living in a neighborhood with trucks, trains and buses
- Think critically about why transportation hubs are located in our neighborhoods
- Identify the people who make decisions about transportation hubs
- Identify solutions and plan for ACTION!
At the end of the class you’ll be ready to meet with elected officials, talk with the media, and build a strong movement to protect your neighborhood from toxic fumes and convince those in power to invest in your community.
The training is once a month from January til June from 5:30 – 7:30 at Primeria Igelsia, Unida Metodista, 62 Virginia Street. The training dates are:
- January 15
- February 19
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18 – (Graduation!)
Children are welcome and snacks will be provided. Interested in joining? Contact Natasha at 852-3813 or Natasha@cacwny.org
The Clean Air Coalition of Western New York is an environmental health and justice organization that develops grassroots leadership to advocate for policies that promote the community’s health and well-being.